Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

I use one Google account to keep spreadsheet records on

I use one Google account to keep spreadsheet records on Sheets, going back several years. Is there a simple way of backing up this data, in case the account was hacked or closed by Google for any reason?Thank you.
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

You will want to export the sheet as a file to your computer

You can export a spreadsheet in several different file formats, including Excel (.xls only), OpenOffice, PDF, Text, HTML*, and CSV. To export a spreadsheet, select File > Download as and select a file type. Then select Open or Save.

*If you save the spreadsheet as .html, the file will open in your browser. Then select File > Save As, select the location, enter a file name, and click Save.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** realise, of course, that I can backup a single sheet - no problem. However, I have upwards of 60, and hoped there would be a way of backing up the account's contents in bulk.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

you can then this service here to export everything from the app

http://dataliberation.org/

It is part of Googles policy of allowing you to export all your content

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Many thanks, I'll try that. There's also another app called TakeOut ( https://goo.gl/nfPJwy ) so I'll compare the two, and see which is best for my purpose.