Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Familiar with a wide variety of software and experienced in user training/support
65126503

I have two laptop computers one is a backup unit working

Customer Question

I have two laptop computers one is a backup unit working normally but my main laptop crashed several days ago but now seems to be working but apparently with a complete loss of files. It also tells me "we cannot sign into your account" with the only suggestions that I "sign out" or "dismiss". A final message arrives saying "High Risk" and "Licence revoked"
Can you help me please? I might add that these message suggest that I have a internet available but cannot reply on the failed unit. (Hence why I am using my backup laptop with this message.David Madden (e-mail:***@******.***
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the version of windows you are using on the problem laptop?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Windows 10
Expert:  Richard replied 18 days ago.

ok, I want to do a system restore please.

To do this, close all programs.

Press the windows key (the one to the left of the left ALT key) + R and type in the run box that opens

rstrui

Press enter

Then follow the onscreen steps to choose a system restore and choose a date before this problem occurred.

Let it complete and tell me if it now functions correctly please

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
As explained I have two laptops, the main one not working except saying "we cannot open your account" and this one which is working normally. Which laptop do you want me to close?
Expert:  Richard replied 18 days ago.

We are only doing work on the problem laptop, as this is the one with the issue