JamesI
JamesI, Other
Experience:  James has used and supported a wide range of software from CAD, Microsoft, Accounting and EPOS.
75967336

I want to create a page with recruitment adverts for my

Customer Question

I want to create a page with recruitment adverts for my website. I will be sent the adverts by my clients. I will need to enlarge them to either 1/4 page advert or a 12cm x 6.3cm box ad format. I would need to create a pdf. I need some sort of image manipulator program or software. Once I have done this and I have a few pages of adverts I would like to create an e edtion style paper. I have attached links to what other people have created that I want:The pdf of which I would need an image manipulate is as follows:http://innovationpublishingltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/South-West-Jobs-Issue-246.pdfhttp://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk//launch.aspx?pbid=cffa012d-d5d8-42ca-91a0-4432c8a8a91aIf you click on the above link this is the edition style paper I would like.
Category: Software
Expert:  JamesI replied 26 days ago.

What you require is a desktop publishing program not an image program.

Have you got Microsoft word as you can do this within that, however the program I would recommend is Microsoft Publisher, which is actually designed for creating new letters etc, and can create borders, manipulate images, text, styles etc.

Would you like me to link you to where you can source Publisher, and a video on how to use it?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Please send me a link to a video instruction on Publisher.
Expert:  JamesI replied 23 days ago.

Have a look at the video here, and let me know if you think thats inline with what you need.

With regard to printing in PDF you can download a PDF printer free of charge, and I would recommend using the one here.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Is microsoft publisher free?
Expert:  JamesI replied 23 days ago.

Publish is part of the Microsoft Office suite, if you have Microsoft Office Professional it is included in this package.

Expert:  JamesI replied 23 days ago.

You can normally buy Publisher online for around £50, you can also try it free using the link here.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I've just watched the publisher video. However when I want to copy and paste a recruitment advert into publisher and enlarge it, it distorts the text and picture. I would like it exactly like the original but larger. Please advise
Expert:  JamesI replied 23 days ago.

I see, it sounds like the issue is due to the original image being too low resolution.

Can you send me an example so I can confirm its the original image at fault and not the software?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I want to create a page with either 1/4 page adverts on (which would be 4 on a page) or 12cm x 5.3cm or a mix of both on each page. I have sent you an example page from someone with a similar set up and some example adverts that would need to be enlarged.http://innovationpublishingltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/South-West-Jobs-Issue-246.pdf
Expert:  JamesI replied 23 days ago.

The DingDong image provided is of a poor resolution, for instance you wouldnt want to send them to the printers if creating flyers.

When viewing the DingDong advert it couldnt be a quarter of a page without it being fuzzy, its already pixelated opening it normally which is about 12 x 5.

The second add for the NHS should be sufficient and I can increase and decrease the size without any issue.

Are you seeing a problem with both images?

Expert:  JamesI replied 16 days ago.

Do you need anything further?

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 days ago.

I havent heard from you in a few days, do you require any further assistance