cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT and have been in the computer field for over 14 years.
20109878

I want to be able to click on a cell which will contain an

I want to be able to click on a cell which will contain an instruction to go to a particular place in a worksheet i.e goto A15. Can I and if so how please

You will have to put a comment in that cell showing you what to do (go to a cell or explain why you typed in that formula ect).

Which excel do you have?

Most of it is the same for either excel(2013): To add a comment, click on the Review tab and click on New Comment once you have selected the desired cell, now just type in your comment and when you navigate away from that cell, you’ll see a small red triangle in the upper right corner of the cell indicating that the cell has a comment.

That will work for either 2010 or 2013.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That will only give an instruction to the user rather than instruct the computer to go to a particular cell ?
I have a large worksheet and I would like to click on a column/cell that has a heading in it and the machine would scroll down to a particular cell/column

the only thing I can think of by what you are saying is to add a hyperlink and once you click on it, it will take you to another cell. Is that what you want to do?

1. Select a cell where you want to insert a hyperlink.
  2. Right-click on the cell and choose the Hyperlink option from the context menu.
  3. Choose Place in This Document in the Link to section if your task is to link the cell to a specific location in the same workbook.
  4. Select the worksheet that you want to link to in the Or select a place in this document field.
  5. Enter the cell address in the Type the cell reference box if you want to link to a certain cell of another worksheet.
  6. Enter a value or name into the Text to display box to represent the hyperlink in the cell.
  7. Click OK.
  8. The cell content becomes underlined and highlighted in blue. It means that the cell contains the hyperlink. To check if the link works, just hover the pointer over the underlined text and click on it to go to the specified location.

That is what you want I believe. That will have you to click on that cell and it will take you to another part of the worksheet that you need to go.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry not to have replied earlier I got waylaid ...... anyway thanks for your help I'll try what you say.
Thanks again.

Your very welcome.