Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Inbox not showing any messages on screen, but shows if mail

Inbox not showing any messages on screen, but shows if mail is accessed via chrome browser

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

What email program, e.g. Outlook, Windows Mail, are you using? When did this email issue start?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Mozilla Thunderbird. only noticed today as I usually access TB via chrome browser

OK, please do this now:

Close out all open Thunderbird windows.

Next, HOLD down the Shift key and open up Thunderbird (while holding down the key.)

A popup box will come up; tick both of the checkboxes listed and then click Make changes and restart.

Does this make any difference to your issue?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no change still blank

OK, and you are not getting any error or message either? Can we go ahead with a secure remote session so I can check Thunderbird now?

Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: 8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

OK, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link on your computer:

www.fastsupport.com/589421139
Follow the on-screen prompts to download and open/run the remote file, and click Yes when prompted to allow the remote connection. We will then be connected.

Please follow my above steps to download and open/run the remote file on your computer, and we will be connected. Here's the remote link again:

www.fastsupport.com/589421139

We inadvertently got disconnected from the remote session. Please leave me another reply below when you get this, and I'll set up another remote session and assist further. Thanks,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Looking for you, didnt get your message till now

OK, let's get started with another remote session now. Please allow me five minutes,

www.fastsupport.com/365632202

We are still not connected; are you having any issues with opening the above remote link I provided?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it would appear that its being blocked as malwear!!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Web Access Blocked
Domain: fastsupport.com
Address: 10.164.58.154

Very odd; your security program seems to be causing all of these issues here, including with Thunderbird. Please open up the following new link on your computer:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=b410d146-42f0-4a80-a89a-edefec209894

On the page that opens up, click on "I Agree."

A "Screen Connect Client" remote file will be downloaded by your browser; open/run this file from your downloads, and we will be connected.

Your Kaspersky program dropped me off again. Could you try this one last fix when back on:

Right-click on the Kaspersky icon at the bottom-right corner and then click "Pause Protection." Pause it for 15 mins.

Then, close all open Thunderbird windows and then re-open it. Press the ALT key once to show the menu bar at the top, and then go to File > New > Existing mail account and try setting up your account again. Does it make any difference with Kaspersky disabled now?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no difference at all

I'm sorry, but I'm completely out of ideas here. Let me open up your question to our other experts who will be able to assist further; you will be automatically notified by email when another expert picks this up.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok, thanks for trying

I saw that Bryan spent quite a bit of time with you. It sounds to me like Thunderbird is corrupt. I would suggest doing a back up of your data, this link will explain how: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-thunderbird-stores-user-data

After that completely uninstall and reinstall thunderbird. I am not sure if you guys already did this but just in case this would likely be your next move.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
just in the middle of just that

If that doesn't work then I would think you may have a corrupt profile or something else wrong with windows in general. Let us know how it goes.