Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Hi there, I live on a gated public street in a freestanding

Customer Question

Hi there, I live on a gated public street in a freestanding house. When I moved to this house 6 years ago, there was an intercom system in place where visitors to my home would dial my house number then I would answer my phone and let them in by pressing a number. They have now decided to add a guard at a very high cost and now the visitors dial the guard, who then dials the resident and once confirmed, he lets the visitors in. I think the old system worked fine, it works fine on other streets without any guard. They have now told the guard not to let in my visitors since I have been struggling to make these payments? So if I get visitors, my visitors have to call me directly and I then have to drive to the gate to let them in. Is this legal?
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Josh-2010 :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Josh-2010 :

Can I confirm with you this question relates to England or Wales please?

Customer : I was trying to get help in South Africa and your website popped up. So don't know if u can still help?
Josh-2010 :

thanks. I did think it sounded slightly unusual for the UK. I believe there is a South African law section and I will ask this question to be transferred where hopefully one of my colleagues will be able to assist you further. This can take a short while but you should be notified by e-mail when one of my colleagues responds. I Hope that is okay with you

Customer : That's great. Thx
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes pls I am still interested. Thx

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I suppose you can just close it. When I googled for information, your website came up. I thought i could ask South African related questions but doesn't look like it. Just hope my credit card won't be debited in the future. Thx for your help