Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod,
73944119

Is a sequestration order from a South African Court enforcable

Customer Question

Is a sequestration order from a South African Court enforcable in the jurisdiction of the Courts of Botswana?
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  JW Fourie replied 4 years ago.

jwfourieatt :

Could you provide more information on precisely why you would want to enforce this sequestration in Botswana?

JACUSTOMER-jol7dyp6- :

If an unrehabilitated insolvent as sequestrated by South African court order is considering business opportunities outside of SA (thus Botswana), do the restrictions that are in place regarding an unrehabilitated insolvent applicable outside of the court jurisdiction of SA? For instance, can he act as director in a company registered in Botswana?

jwfourieatt :

Apologies. I will not be able to assist with this query. I will opt out and give another expert an opportunity to assist.

JACUSTOMER-jol7dyp6- :

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Nicola,

I'll wait. thank you

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What is the procedure/effect if we close the question?

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can either return your good faith deposit to the original funding source, or we can keep your deposit on your account here for future questions.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Nicola,

Please refund the deposit.