inciteadvisor
inciteadvisor, Lawyer
Experience:  Registered Corporate lawywer
64676430

My name isXXXXX and Imy car was hijacked in March and

Customer Question

My name isXXXXX and Imy car was hijacked in March and my son was shot at but survived .I was desperate for transport and approached a Mr Douglas Rorke who used to work at Msg Lawyers and who used handle the Estate of the late TK Moerane who was the father of my son. The reason I asked Douglas Rorke to help me find a car was because he deals with auctions ,cars and houses and I trust him

He then told me about an ML that wasfor sale at a bargain by his friend A Mr Kariolis for R25000.00 plus.

I didn't know about ML s then but I trusted Douglas Rorke so I arranged through payment and asked

Douglas delivered the vehicle at my house.

It was on the May 3 2013that Kariolis asked me to bring the car to Krugersdorp for road worthiness upon arrival I was asked to coup up R500. to pay for roadworthiness and that puzzled me because no
asked me to bring this cash, mind you I live inHampton Park I paid the money hoping to quarry it later because Kariolis was not in the office on the day.
Which I did quarry without joy.

Then I was also sacked to find out that the documentation for road worthiness didn't bear my name but J only saw them afterwards . Another shocked to me was the fact that this vehicle was only registered on Kariolis s name in March this year and was already getting rude of utter in April , that when our deal took place.

That made me very suspicious and I made my own research about ML and to dealership in Boksburg and an agent there opened my eyes My findings were that this vehicle was very old . He checked the books that its trade in value was R170000,00 its out of motor plan and it would be expensive to maintain.
I passed on the information to bit Rorke and Kariolis and I told the later that because if all the above I had no choice but to cancel the deal. I emailed thhe information abduction he emailed back to say I sin

And his response was that I signed a binding document I can't cancel deal abduction that would be ended. Iasked him for the document and I wasgoing to fetch if Fri but Doug las had left a voice message on my to call him and thathe had spoken with Kariolis on Thursday. I tried to call him back and I couldn't get hold of him so I never went to Kariolis because I didn't know what Douglas was going to tell me because I had asked him to come with me to collect this so called binding document that Kariolis said I signed and was never given a copy of.

Please assist me to cancel this deal and get my money back. I feel U have been done unjust abduction what us my recourse ?
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?