How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Category: South Africa Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Type Your South Africa Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

hi, my mom passed away two yeras ago, and she left her property

Customer Question

hi, my mom passed away two yeras ago, and she left her property to her 5 children, on a usafruct basis. My brother has been nominated to stay on the property by my mom , he has since been using drugs, selling furniture from the house without notifying anyone of us, the water and elctricity bills are in arears ,he has his girlfriend living with him . how do i control this and protect the property and the assests left by my Mom?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  Josh-2010 replied 4 years ago.

Joshua :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Joshua :

May I confirm with you which jurisdiction this relates to please - i.e. which country the property is situate in?

JACUSTOMER-w16cv73c- :

i live South Africa

Joshua :

Thank you. You have posted your question in the UK section which is why I asked the question as this sounded like it related to overseas jurisdiction. I will ask that the category is changed. This can take an hour or two. One of my SA colleagues will respond as soon as possible.

Joshua :

If I could ask that you do not reply to the thread in the meantime as this can lock the thread back to me preventing one of my colleagues from replying.

JACUSTOMER-w16cv73c- :

thank you

Joshua :

A pleasure. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi, i have no reply from anyone , whats going on here?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Your question was moved to South Africa Law, and hopefully one of our professionals there will be able to help you. I have passed this question directly to them.

Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

If you find that your question is not getting answered you may want to consider posting your question on the US version of our site,, where your question would be made available to a wider range of professionals. You may be able to get an answer faster on the US version of JustAnswer.

You will need to place a new deposit on the US site. You can get a refund of your deposit on the UK site by following this link:

Please let me know if you need further assistance,