JW Fourie
JW Fourie, Attorney
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
32244620

my daughter has just flown back from southafrica and when at

Customer Question

my daughter has just flown back from southafrica and when at johannesburgh airport she was handed a five year ban .she is Scottish and has been in southafrica for nearly five years with her partner who is southafrican they were married on the 12th of feb 2013 in sothafrica and are now expecting a baby . my daughters husband has a 4 year ban on coming into Britain for an offence so not sure what line to go through to get them back together
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  JW Fourie replied 2 years ago.
JW Fourie :

The only institution that would be able to overturn the ban of your daughter to South Africa would be a High Court.

JW Fourie :

So, the only suggestion that I can make is that your daughter look at appointing South African counsel through an attorney to petition the High Court to overturn the administrative decision made by Home Affairs.

JW Fourie :

If it is a court that laid down the ban, then a Higher Court in the hierarchy (Appeals Court or Constitutional Court) may be petitioned to overrule the lower court.

JW Fourie :

I am sorry for the cryptic nature of the answer, but this is the best I can do at this stage with the information at my disposal. If you have follow up questions before you rate, feel free to ask them at no extra cost. If you are satisfied with the service, kindly rate it positively.

JACUSTOMER-kexksnjc- :

Thankyou for the information you have given me . Could we do anything with her husband to appeal on compassionate grounds to get to scotland for birth of his first child he has already served over half of his ban from the UK ?

JW Fourie :

I would unfortunately not be able to answer that. You would have to ask a Scottish attorney. I believe there is a Scots Law category on Just Answer.

JW Fourie :

Although any of the UK Law categories would probably also be able to assist

JACUSTOMER-kexksnjc- :

Thanks I have a friend in scotland who is a lawyer will check with him tomorrow hopefully .Cheers x

JW Fourie :

Good luck. I truly hope this gets sorted.