JW Fourie
JW Fourie, Attorney
Experience:  L.LB (UOVS)
32244620

My friend was awarded R48 000 for unfair dismissal and the

Customer Question

My friend was awarded R48 000 for unfair dismissal and the employers have refused to pay. I have seen one lawyer and used a detective agency, both of which were useless. She has no money and I am a pensioner. Can you tell us what to do please?
Category: South Africa Law
Expert:  JW Fourie replied 1 year ago.

Good evening

You need to go back to the CCMA so that they can assist you in getting a warrant of execution from the Labour Court. Once you have the warrant, you need to take that warrant to the Sheriff who has jurisdiction over the employer, who will proceed to execute on that warrant by attaching cash or other movable assets of the employer, which will be sold or utilized to pay the employee.