José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

We have asked a few questions about the Horizontal Laws before.

Customer Question

We have asked a few questions about the Horizontal Laws before. We are still having trouble with our community. We are a block of 6 flats, with a block of 3 townhouses attached to us. The townhouse next door to the flats built a terrace and a set of stairs against the wall abutting on to the block of flats, and some of the flat owners have installed glass windows onto their terraces, which convert them into a kind of room. The townhous work was done about 5 years ago and the windows in the last 2 or 3 years. We have only just realised they should have asked for permission but no one has. Now that we have brought it to the President's attention and asked him to get everyone to get retrospective permission, he doesn't want to do anything about it - possibly because he has installed the glass windows himself. Is the community in breach of the law if they do not get retrospective permission for these changes. We understand that after so much time, particularly in the case of the townhouse, there isn't much we can do about it, but we are concerned that anyone in future might try to make alterations without making permission, and use the precedent as an excuse not to get permission first. We also understand that the townhouse might need to register the alterations at the town hall since they have addd to their space. Thanks
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  WendyW-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

Wendy

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am happy to wait for an answer in principle but I think my subscription is due to run out soon so would like it before then - or to have an answer even if subscription runs out before. There was a chap answering Spanish law questions a while ago - is he not there anymore?

Thank you for your patience. I will look for our Spanish Law Professional for you.

Regards,

Wendy

Expert:  José M. replied 3 years ago.

Hi there

I am an spanish attorney.

You are right, if the comunity do not stop now the abuse of the neigbours now they will can no do it in future

The best way to start to stop them its to denounce all the works they start now with out the permission

Its correct that we could do anything againts the works made now, but in future if we denounce the new ones the neighbour who make it could be

foece to demolete the works and to leave the propiety as it was before done it

I will be here if you neeed more help

Please to rate my answer just when you be completely satisfied