José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney

We are British citizens currently in the U.K. due to ill health.

Customer Question

We are British citizens currently in the U.K. due to ill health. We own a property in Spain ( Almeria ) and need to make amendments to our Spanish will relating to our property and assets in Spain. We are unable to travel back to Spain in the forseeable future to make these amendments....can you help with this in such a way that all and any amendments are legal and fully understood in Spain ?
Hoping to hear from you,

With best regards,
Robert Old.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 3 years ago.
You can make the will in the closer spanish consulate and the consul will make the roll of a notario

The will has to be translated into spanish, thats all

I will be here if needed

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what is "loser spanish consulate " ?

I need to know if the spanish will can be amended here in the UK and if so where do I go, who do I speak to ?

Rob Old.

Expert:  José M. replied 3 years ago.

Sorry Si I mean closer spanish consulate
In the closer spanish consulate you could get the way to manage the will
You need to have a translated copy of it into spanish and the consulated will put his sign on it in order to be valid in Spain

20 Draycott Place
London SW3 2RZ
Tel: + 44 (0)20 7589 8989
Fax: + 44 (0)20 7581 7888
E-Mail:[email protected]

63, North Castle Street.
Edinburgh EH2 3LJ
Tel: + 44 (0)131
+ 44 (0)131 220 18 43
+ 44 (0)131 220 14 39
+ 44 (0)131 220 14 42

Suite 1A, Brookhouse
70, Spring Gardens
Manchester M2 2BQ
Tel: + 44 (0)161 236 12 62
Fax: + 44 (0)161 228 74 67

Sorry for my mistake