José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

how can i claim a okupas in spain and register the property

Customer Question

how can i claim a okupas in spain and register the property in mine and my partners name
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 4 years ago.
Hi there

I am an spanish attorney and I am going to do my best in order to help you

The first point to check if its the propiety its open or not We can only occupy open propieties, to enter in a closed propiety with the aim to own it its a criminal offence

Once you got to be in the propiety with out opposition of the owner you coull register it in your name once you have been there for 30 years

I will be here if you need more information

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The answer you have given me, any one in the street could give me this information, i have asked how do we ( register a okupas property in our names ) can you please answer the question we paid for, or refund our money.

Expert:  José M. replied 4 years ago.
Well. If you want to register a okupas propiety in your name, without a propiety tittle, you need to go into spanish court, and probe the judge that you has been living in the place, pacifically, during 30 years, and nobody have make an opposite of the facts, and after the legal procedure, the judge will allow you to inscribe the propiety in your name
So, if you got the time, you must contract an attorney who will make the expediente de dominio as its called in spanish, into court
As youself you can no do it
I will be here if needed, thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi there

I need to go into a spanish court, and probe the judge that i have been living in the place, pacifically, i thought it was eight years, and you could claim the property. Are there any forms i need to fill in, as you said i can just register a okupas property, thanks.

Expert:  José M. replied 4 years ago.
No Sir, eight years its nothing it has to be 30 years

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok, is that the same time scale for land as well.

thanks.

Expert:  José M. replied 4 years ago.

Yes

Real State its just the same, 30 years