José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I own a property in Spain and have a D.N.I/N.I.F number X2944363H

Customer Question

I own a property in Spain and have a D.N.I/N.I.F number X2944363H but I have mislaid the certification and I need it as the final part of getting my car registered with Spanish plates. How or where do I get a replacement - Amanda Mayhew
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 4 years ago.

If you need a new document you have to contact to the closer police station ( Policia nacional ) or foreing office ( oficina de extranjeros) in order to get a new one. It must be done in the place where do you live ( Empadronado )

http://www.interior.gob.es/extranjeria-28/regimen-general-189/tarjeta-de-identidad-de-extranjero-205?locale=es

I will be here if you need more information

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do you mean a new one or a replacement one and how can I do that from the UK. I'm not even sure where it was applied for originally, I think Motril. If I'm in Motril and I go the police what documentation will I need and if I get a new one not a rreplacement how does that affect all the legal paperwork that I already have that will now have a different number?

Expert:  José M. replied 4 years ago.
It is not a new one, its a replacement
The number will be the same