José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

i commited an offence in spain in april last year,but never

Customer Question

i commited an offence in spain in april last year,but never went to court ,the prosecution wanted me to serve 3 years but i never even had a chance to put a plea in. will there be an arrest warrent(eu) or not been isssued
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 3 years ago.

JoseMagadan :

JoseMagadan :

I am an spanish attorney

JACUSTOMER-q30qyrwq- :

ok ty i hope you can help

JoseMagadan :

Was you notified from the court?

JoseMagadan :

Did you recibed an order to go to court?

JoseMagadan :

What kind of offence it was?

JACUSTOMER-q30qyrwq- :

yes i did

JACUSTOMER-q30qyrwq- :

assault, resisting arrest,assaulting a officer,and not providing id

JoseMagadan :

So, you got the chance to defend in court but you did not go

JoseMagadan :

Well, in this case the court convits you and I think it was a penalty a fine.

JACUSTOMER-q30qyrwq- :

in a way yes but the prosecution said they wanted me to serve 3 years ,and my court solicitor said they could get it down to 18 months..all i was asked in front of a judge was some questions then they went away and came back with this

JoseMagadan :

The main problem its that you need if there is a living detention order againts you in spain to send you to this court

JoseMagadan :

If you were convicted for 18 may be your attorney could ask to change it for money penalty, and then you apy at all it is

JACUSTOMER-q30qyrwq- :

i returned to the uk before the court date last may

JoseMagadan :

I see. You need to contract a local attorney who ask in this court what is the fine, in order that you could pay and forget all about it

JACUSTOMER-q30qyrwq- :

so what kind of warrent would of been issued as im to nervouse to leave the uk incase i get arrested on my return to the uk if that makes sense

JoseMagadan :

Thats the problem, that we do not know. I do not think they have asked for an international order to detein you, but the best way to be sure its to ask in the same court, and to ask the way to solve the problem

JoseMagadan :

In the court they will tell you what do you need to do

JoseMagadan :

And the safest way to manage it for you its contacting a local attorney

JoseMagadan :

I can provide you a list of english speaking attorneys in spain

JACUSTOMER-q30qyrwq- :

i have a job now in the uk where a crb check was done. i have been told that as nothing showed on this that the spanish authorities have not asked the uk police for my arrest is that right

JACUSTOMER-q30qyrwq- :

also they never asked for my passport when arrested or in court

JoseMagadan :

Its probably that they have done anything. The problem its that they really can do it and you could get a bad problem

JoseMagadan :

The safest way for you its to contact them by an attorney an solve the problem

JACUSTOMER-q30qyrwq- :

i also know that the other person involved has returned to his country aswell

JoseMagadan :

I see, but it does not matter for you

JoseMagadan :

Do not leave loose cables, they could become a biggest problems in future

JoseMagadan :

Justive is very slow but its always comming and appear when you never wait for it

JACUSTOMER-q30qyrwq- :

ok thanks can you provide me with the list of attorneys please. but would this also be sturring something up that may not now be there?

JoseMagadan :

Sure, let me some minutes

JACUSTOMER-q30qyrwq- :

until this has been resolved would it be fair to say not to return to spain

JoseMagadan :

Well, if there its a judicial order to send you to court its not, but it is only to pay yes it is

JoseMagadan :

The problem its that if there its an order, as soon as the police knows about you will stop you and send you to this court

JACUSTOMER-q30qyrwq- :

but as i said earlier with not asking the uk police to arrest me as yet would it be ok ? to go abroad

JoseMagadan :

That it is what we need to know if there is an order or not

JoseMagadan :

And the way to be sure its asking in the court

JACUSTOMER-q30qyrwq- :

ok thanks for your help

JoseMagadan :

Thank you sir

JoseMagadan :

I gently ask for a good rate of my service. If you do not do it the site does not pay me. Thank you

JACUSTOMER-q30qyrwq- :

ok ty

JoseMagadan :

have a good day

JoseMagadan :

Hi Sir

JoseMagadan :

I am sorry to see that you do not agree with the service

JoseMagadan :

I would like to know if it is a mistake or you are not satisfied with it

JoseMagadan :

I will be here if needed

JoseMagadan :

Thank you+