Ask a Spain Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
I am an American Citizen and I want to stay in Spain for five months so how can I extend the 90 day stay can I do that by just leaving Spain for example and going to France, then entering Spain again. Or is there a special visa for an extended stay
Hi, I need to know the aim of the stay, I mean, if you need to work here or not.
I wait for your details, thank you
It is simply for pleasure and to learn the language
I am retired
Are you going to study in an official university or similar ?
No simply by listening and maybe finding someone who works as a teacher independently who would give me some hours of Spanish
Ok let me check the best option
It will be the retirment visa
You can apply to live in Spain as a retiree, providing you don’t intend to work. To apply for this visa, the following requirements must be submitted to the Embassy in person, and by previous appointment:
• Passport valid for a minimum of six months, along with three photocopies of the personal information and photo page
• Money order for $100 to cover processing charge
• Four recent passport-size pictures
• Original marriage certificate, and a photocopy (if applicable)
• Certificate of good conduct issued by the police department of places where you have lived for six months or more during the past five years, along with a Spanish translation, and one photocopy
• A medical certificate printed on a doctor’s letterhead, verifying that you are free from yellow fever, cholera, and the plague, and drug addiction, and mental illness, along with a translation into Spanish, plus a photocopy
• Original certificate of a public or private institution, stating that you receive a pension, and specifying its monthly amount (the annual minimum is $10,000, increased by $1,700 for each dependant), plus one photocopy
• Proof of any other source of income and/or properties in Spain, plus one photocopy of each document.
Processing your application may take up to six weeks.
I dont wish to retire there, I simply wish to stay there for five months, so could I kindly please ask you to review your answers
Its the same, its the way of calling it
The procedure and requirments are the same
Yuo need to stay longer than 90 days and its better this way than to ask for a renew once you stay here
I mean, you have two ways
Ask for extra time as a tourist when you will be here
Or ask for this visa and use it as long as you want
In my opinion its better this visa and this way
The other chance its to ask for extra time once you were in spain
But in the second chance you will never could stay longer than 6 months
With the first option you could be as long as you want
Let me know if you need more help. I will explain me as many times as you need, my point its to get a satisfied client
But wouldnt that affect taxes anc make me liable in Spain to pay tax, this is my final point and then we can close and thank you so much for suh valuable information it is very much appreciated
You do not need to declare taxes in spain as long as you are not going to be here more than 180 days into a year
In case you are longer you will need to declare but it is not the same that to pay
because if you pay your taxes in US you do not have to pay here in Spain
So, that it is because I think its the best option for you