José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I am a British citizen. My wife and I are both members of

Customer Question

I am a British citizen. My wife and I are both members of Club Class Concierge. We have recieved several phone calls from alleged companies operating from Malaga in Spain wanting to buy our membership from us the offer being made around £15000. However we have reciently being informed that part of the Club Class organisation has been shut down by the Spanish courts and the British Office of Fair Trading. This morning we recieved a phone call allegedly from the Notary office in Malaga stating they have a cheque for us in settlement of our Club Class mrmbership, the sting in the tail being that we need a Spanish tax number (NIE number). Is normal under Spanish Law. For them to issue the cheque they want us to pay 7% up front or go to Malaga at our own expense. We are afraid this may be a scam and would be very grateful for your help.

Yours Sincerely
XXXXX XXXXXlee
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 3 years ago.

José M. :

Hi there

José M. :

José M. spanish attorney

José M. :

be carefull because I have recibed several inquires like yours and all af them have become scams

José M. :

In no case of sell in Spain the law forces you to pay taxes in Spain

José M. :

This scamers use the names of legal companies but they are not who they are supposed to be

José M. :

I recomend you to denounce the facts in UK and in Spain if it is possible to you

José M. :

Some customers has told me that they has been scamed up to 50.000 pounds, so be very carefull

José M. :

We can check if you want some of the data they have provided you, but I am sure they are scamers again

José M. :

You could write if you need more help

JACUSTOMER-ri6xc4rc- :

Now that Club Class or part of it has been closed down

José M. :

I see. So the scamers Know and they are looking for victims who try to get some money ... be carefull

JACUSTOMER-ri6xc4rc- :

Now that Club Class or part of it has been closed down, how do I get my money back. is spanish authorities doing anything to help

José M. :

It is going to be hard and it will need time and money to get some money back. You will need to contract a local attorney ( for you or for a group ) and the attorney will make the slegal steps

José M. :

But remember, time and money is requiered. Its not going to be easy

JACUSTOMER-ri6xc4rc- :

thank you very much. But we feel we have given out too much money already and do not want to pay out any more. It is very unfortunate that we have to consider our money is lost. It is a pity there are not laws in europe to stop scammers like these from operating.

José M. :

Yes, you are right

José M. :

The web has make the business easy to scamers and the things hard for the police

José M. :

Denounce the facts and try to contract a local attorney with another people in the same situation like yours in order to get lower expernses

José M. :

José M. :

Have a good day

José M. :

I gently ask for a good rate of the service, its the way the site pays the expert

José M. :

JACUSTOMER-ri6xc4rc- :

Your service was very helpful. If I ever need you in the future I will contact you.

José M. : Thank you
José M. : please do not forget to rate the service please
José M. : its the way the site pays the expert