José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I have an offshore legitimate company formed in the Seychelles

Customer Question

I have an offshore legitimate company formed in the Seychelles that trades internationally. I formed a Spanish SL company 2 years later as (almost) an agent for the Seychelles company. We are selling to clients in England mainly but the goods are in Spain. The goods are truffle trees, planted in Spain - and the clients lease the trees and receive half the crop. The Seychelles company owns the intellectual property, holds all the contracts (exclusive licence granted for Spain by English company). My accountant is saying that companies in Spain are not allowed to trade with companies in the Seychelles yet this is not a problem anywhere else in Europe, she says there has been a recent change in the law. Ultimately, the Seychelles company will charge a licence fee to the Spanish company for the legitimate use of the technology. I need to find a way that this can work, else I will have to close the Spanish company. I employ people (under legitimate work contracts) and bring money into the country from England etc. We need to find a way that it can work and not just be told we cant do this !
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 3 years ago.

José M. :

Hi there

José M. :

José M. spanish attorney

José M. :

Really I donot get what the problem is, why do you can no sell or rent or pay from Spain to your Seychelles company

José M. :

Please let me know why your counter says that its not possible for you to do it and I will study and check the case

José M. :

JACUSTOMER-7d8nof33- :

Hi there - my accountant says it is not LEGAL for my Spanish company to trade with Seychelles. That the Spanish government has banned this. In possibly 1 years time the Seychelles company will invoice the Spanish company a fee for using the technology. My accountant is saying that Spain has now said this is impossible and Spanish companies cannot do business with companies that are registered in the Seychelles

JACUSTOMER-7d8nof33- :

sorry gave wrong email address

JACUSTOMER-7d8nof33- :

[email protected] is the correct one apologies

José M. :

Hi there I am checking the law but I can no see any restriction to sell out in Seychelles

José M. :

Why it is supposed to be forbidden?

José M. :

Sorry, the sistem ereases the mails adresses I can no seee yours

José M. :

The sistem forbids to contact with the customer of the site out of this chat

JACUSTOMER-7d8nof33- :

hi there. we are not selling in the Seychelles. the Seychelles will raise an invoice to the Spanish company, this means the Spanish company will have to send money to the seychelles

José M. :

Yeah, I got it know

José M. :

The last law really forbid to send the money to Seychelles

José M. :

May be the answer for you its to create a new company somewhere alse in Europe, Portugal, Greece, ... some place which law allows you to take out the money send from Spain

José M. :

I mean an interposed company, between seychelles and Spain

José M. :

I will be here if needed, thank you