José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Last year I received numerous phone calls from a company called

Last year I received numerous phone calls from a company called Half Moon Holdings based in Spain, claiming they had a buyer willing to pay €5000 for a timeshare I was selling.

In order for this to happen I had to pay a deposit of €1400 ( alarm bells should have gone off then) they told me it was to prevent me from taking an offer from another company as I would lose it.
Stupidly I paid it..signed the paperwork and sent it back, I was told the transaction would take a few weeks, I waited and waited nothing transpired, I kept phoning and was given excuse after excuse why the transaction wasn't happening.
In march this year I got in touch with my card company told them it was a con and they repaid the deposit, unfortunately the company disputed it and it was put back on to my card.
The contract was for a year which ended 20/11/2013. I phoned the company asking for the deposit back as they had failed to sell it, I was told because the money had been paid back they had not advertised it. So they broke their side of the contract but they are refusing to pay back my deposit saying it was used to advertise the timeshare which is incorrect, and not what they said the deposit was for originally. How can I get my deposit back?
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 3 years ago.

José M. :

Hi Sir

José M. :

José M spanish attorney

José M. :

They are scamers

José M. :

Read this article

José M. :

http://mindtimeshare.me/2011/04/12/have-you-been-called-by-half-moon-holdings-or-hm-holdings/

José M. :

Denounce the scam in the closer Police station

José M. :

They are not even in Spain

José M. :

They are scamers who stole money from a lot of places, from people who trust them

José M. :

http://mindtimeshare.me/2011/09/14/half-moon-holdings-the-guaranteed-resale-offer-with-cheeky-tricks/

Customer: How do you know they are not in Spain, they have a Spanish address,
José M. :

Because the law in Spain is very hard with this kind of companies

José M. :

The fines and penalties never allows themto work as the do

Customer: .
José M. :

The scamers ussually are in the East of Europe or Asia

José M. :

No adress, no web site not phone number

José M. :

Let me know the data you have and I will probe the fraud

Customer: This is the address Apartado de correos 173 Torre Del Mar 29740 Malaga, tel XXXXXXXXXXX the [email protected] and they also have a website called half moon holdings
José M. :

Apartado de correos is the best way for scamers, but its good for you in order to denounce in the police because somebody has to sing there Email does not probe anything

José M. :

No identification number, no phone number

José M. :

And the web site ... write the name in google, just compolains

José M. :

No web site at all

Customer: Ok thank you
José M. :

José M. :

Denounce in the closer police station

José M. :

Please do not forget to rate positively the service

José M. :

Have agood day