José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Hi, 3 years ago I went to Spain for a few weeks and one of

Hi, 3 years ago I went to Spain for a few weeks and one of the nights i was outside pub and there was a man kicking of at two girls. so I got involved to help out and he started coming after me, he was pushing the girls and the he swung for me, however when he swung I went to black him and I had a glass in my hand which hit him in the face as i done it out of defence i did not intentionally mean to hit him with a glass! We had a hearing and i was aloud to go home and the lawyer said i wouldn't get a prison sentence, 3 years later i received a letter stating that me and the two girls have been given a 3 year prison sentence each. i don't know what to do as it was all out of defence i have no previous offences and I'm now panicking what do i do please help!?
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 3 years ago.

José M. :

Hi there

José M. :

José M. sapanish atorney

Customer:

Hi jose

José M. :

So you have recibed a penalty for 3 years ...

Customer:

Yes, and I'm so scared I really dont know what to do

José M. :

The best way to act now its to contact a local attorney who study a way to manage with the fiscal to pay an economic fine in order no to go to jail

José M. :

In Spain with penalties over 2 years you could be sended to jail

José M. :

But as long as you are out of Spain maybe they could put an economical fine in order to avoid more problems

Customer:

Now I'm in the UK is there anyway they can come and get me, whilest i trying to sort it

José M. :

No way, they can no reach you as long as you are in UK

José M. :

UK is not going to give you to spanish police

José M. :

The problem could become if you go out os UK

Customer:

So they couldn't get a warrant to come and get me

José M. :

The best way is try to manage an arregement with the judge

José M. :

No, no as long as you stay in UK

Customer:

Are you 100% sure that I'm safe in the UK?

José M. :

Sure 100 per cent sure

José M. :

Just in UK

José M. :

Because you are a UK citicen

José M. :

States do not give to their nationals to other countries

José M. :

But you could negotiate the fine, with money or jai in UK

José M. :

Jail in UK I mean

Customer:

Oh thank you so much, so with the letter i received it says to sign and send back to say i have received the documents, shall i do so.

Customer:

do you think that i would just be able to pay with no jail time?

Customer:

Also i didn't get to fight my case, so i had no say

José M. :

Yes you have the chance to manage ana greement for sure

José M. :

Do nor forget the case and contract a local attorney there who speaks english an manage an agrement for you

Customer:

right ok, shall i sign the letter and send back? or just leave it until i speak to and attorney?

José M. :

No do not come back here to spain until you have an attorney contracted and he contact the court in your name

José M. :

Contarct the attorrney and that he manage in court for you

Customer:

right ok, thanks so much for your help

José M. :

José M. :

Please do not forget to rate positively my service, its very important for the expert

José M. :

José M., Attorney
Experience: Spanish Attorney