José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

i bought my spanish house 8years ago,and have been told if

Customer Question

i bought my spanish house 8years ago,and have been told if i give the keys back the dept stays with the house and the bank can not come after me and my assets if i go back to england is this true???
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.

José M. : Hi there. Its true. In Spain the bank has not to take the keys and let you go
José M. : But some laws has come to protect the consumers
José M. : tell me moré about your case, how much you owe and the value of it in the escrituras and I will advice you
José M. : jose m. Spanish atorney
José M. :

Hi again. I am going to try to explain the case

José M. :

According to spanish law debitor have to pay with all his assets not just with the propiety mortaged

José M. :

So, if you do not pay the bank could go against you

José M. :

Once we know that the problems becomes to the bank because there are legal limits and procedures that makes the travel harder for the bank

José M. :

At the first place we could stydy your debt and the chances of the bank

José M. :

In the second hand study if the legal way to seize you out of Spain is an interesting chance for the bank

José M. :

That it is because I need more dta from you

José M. :

JACUSTOMER-6rjlh682- :

i have been told the law changed 5 years ago & property bought before this change all dept stays with the house i signed my deeds november 2005.

José M. : Hi Sir, the law has been changing severas times in the last two years due to the crisis. The changes have been to protect the consumer rights. But the bank has not the obligation to take your keys and let you go
José M. : Thank you
JACUSTOMER-6rjlh682- :

i still need to know does the dept stay with the house or is the dept mine?????

José M. :

Sorry Sir I do not understand you. What do you need to Know if it is yours or not?

José M. :

What dept does mean?

JACUSTOMER-6rjlh682- :

dept means the balance between when the bank sell my house & amount still on the mortage

José M. :

Well Sir, if the balance is positive to the bank once the propiety is sold out you must pay the diiffrence

José M. :

This sounds relly bad, so the news laws has marked some limits

José M. :

In all cases, the answer to your original question is affirmative, if the dept is negative the bank has the legal right to seize until having his debt paid

José M. :

José M. :

Hi Sir

José M. :

I am sorry if you does not like the answer

José M. :

I have to tell you the legal chances of the bank even when you do not like it

José M. :

Your bad rate of my service is a problem for me with this site, I am doing my best in order to answer you

José M. :

As long as my answer and my service is not wht you would like to read I am forced to leave your question

José M. :

Have a good day

José M. :

Bye

JACUSTOMER-6rjlh682- :

it is maybe your translation of english my problem because my spanish is 000