José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

do i need to get planning permission to change my existing

Customer Question

do i need to get planning permission to change my existing pergola into a sun room - no change inoverall size or height or roof - eesentally just adding windows etc?
in Cordoba SPAIN
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.

José M. : Hi there
José M. : Jose M spanish attorney
JACUSTOMER-wyzaluh2- :

do i need to get planning permission to change my existing pergola into a sun room - no change inoverall size or height or roof - eesentally just adding windows etc? in Cordoba SPAIN

José M. : As long as you need to fixe it to a comunity wall or roof you will need permission
José M. : If it goes not fixed and could be moved you do not need it
JACUSTOMER-wyzaluh2- :

it will join to side of the house - but in only same existing places as pergolqa is attached already

JACUSTOMER-wyzaluh2- :

what defines - not fixed ?

JACUSTOMER-wyzaluh2- :

hiw easy would premision be to get for this?

José M. : If my answer is not clear enought please let me know and I will do my best to clarify
José M. : Thank you
JACUSTOMER-wyzaluh2- :

hiw easy would premision be to get for this altreation form pergola to sun room?

José M. : In most cases you will no need a permission. No from the comunity. Some cirugía halls could ask for it. But is not ussual
José M. : I have used fix for attached sorry
JACUSTOMER-wyzaluh2- :

so i can chnage the pergola to a sun room without permission -yes?

José M. : Use you can
JACUSTOMER-wyzaluh2- :

ok thanks for your help

José M. : as long as you do not attach to the wall or roof
José M. : Thank you Sir
José M. : Have a good day
JACUSTOMER-wyzaluh2- :

ah even if the pergola is already attached to the roof anf at side to the house wall

José M. : If you use the wall or roof to attache it you are using comunity propiety so it is better ask for it
JACUSTOMER-wyzaluh2- :

from the local mayor - yes?

José M. : as long as we use comunity elements will be better asking for it
José M. : No Sir, sorry
JACUSTOMER-wyzaluh2- :

from the local mayor - yes?

JACUSTOMER-wyzaluh2- :

then from where?

José M. : I al talking about a permission from the owners comunity
JACUSTOMER-wyzaluh2- :

can you explain what that is plesae?

José M. : if you have no comunity owners in the bulding you do not needed a permission
JACUSTOMER-wyzaluh2- :

i am the only owner

JACUSTOMER-wyzaluh2- :

what is a community ownr?

José M. : Are you talking about your own home, building , no comunity?
JACUSTOMER-wyzaluh2- :

my own home - not in a village or town but in a rural location

José M. : Ok perfect. No comunity no permission needed
JACUSTOMER-wyzaluh2- :

there are no other buidings near ti it

JACUSTOMER-wyzaluh2- :

thats great thasnk fro your help

José M. : The rule works in the most places . May be some city hall could ask for it but is strange
José M. : So, I Thank you do not need it. In order to be sure 100 x100 the way goes asking in your city hall. Even When they will answer that you do not need it
José M. : Thank you
José M. : have a good day