José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

We are selling a property in Spain after my father passed away.

Customer Question

We are selling a property in Spain after my father passed away. We have paid for an ecsturia. We are now being told that the bank and notario are asking for a conformation certificate confirming there are no disciplinary actions taking place with respect to legal reform and are saying the cost of obtaining this is 6% of the escritural value. We are in England and do not speak Spanish. It I s feeling like we are constantly aske to pay out large sums of money. I would like to fine out if we are being ask for money we do not need to pay .
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 3 years ago.

José M. : Hi there
José M. : Jose M spanish attorney
José M. : Notario and register fees are regulated by law and there are no chances to be scamed this way
José M. : Of comités, if you contract a local english speaking attorney you will do the best
José M. : But you also could trust the notario because they are honest people for sure
José M. : if the notario ask for the money trust him and do not be afraid
José M. : Taxes, notario, and register are expensive but if the person who ask the money is the notario trust him
José M. : Let me know if you need more help. Thank you
José M. : I am no line if you need me
José M. : 6 per cent could be a hight sum but with taxes notario and register could be perfecto y legal
José M. : you have the legal right to ask for every single Bill paid with your money
José M. : the chance to be scamed for a notario is al most cero