José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I was meant to go to court in Spain because a woman who stole

I was meant to go to court in Spain because a woman who stole money from me in a business deal got upset when i said some nasty things about her online. I am not going to Spain as she is the one that stole, but she has convinced the spanish court she is the victim...
I have no intention of ever going to Spain ....do I need to worry?
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.

José M. :

Hi there

José M. :

José M. spanish attorney/solicitor

Customer:

Hello Sir

José M. :

You do not have to worry at all because this kind of problems goes to an special court who never gives criminal records

José M. :

They just put small fines after the procedure ( 150/200 euros )

José M. :

As long as they can not reach you they are not going to start the procedure without you

José M. :

So, do not worry at all

Customer:

This lady is a manipulator and today another envelope came from Spain but i refused to sign for it , and the first letter from the court came when I was in Italy , so really I do not know about this .....But as long as I do not go in Spain I am ok ?

José M. :

Yeah, do not take care for her and never sign a letter in order to make problems with your localitation

José M. :

The risk in Spain is an small fine, outside there is no risk at all

Customer:

Thank you very much for putting my mind at easy ....I must ask is there anyway that they could transfer this to a court in England ?

José M. :

No way. Uk court have anything to do here. As long as the criminal behaviour is in Spain they have nothing to do. And if she lies and denounce you in UK she will have to probe the facts

José M. :

So, do not take care for her anymore

Customer:

Everything was online .

Customer:

Ah i see what you mean ..the complaint was made in spain

José M. :

I see, but do not worry about it

Customer:

Jose ,,, many thanks indeed ....

José M. :

If she put a denounce in UK has to be for a criminal offence, important charges

José M. :

José M. :

Have a good day

Customer:

And if she did this , i can put in a counter claim for all the work i did plus the money she stole ..

José M. :

Sure, if she goes further with that you could demand or denounce her

Customer:

So being an expert you are saying don't worry ?

José M. :

Yes for sure

José M. :

You only has to be worried if you recibe a letter from a spanish criminal court

José M. :

If you recibe it, you will need to contrcat a local attorney to be sure for sure

Customer:

I didnt sign for letter so I wouldnt know where it came from

José M. :

As long as there is not a official mail from an spanish criminal court your risk is cero

Customer:

But if I don't sign for anything coming from Spain i wont know

José M. :

You did tell me that she send the letter, didn´t you?

Customer:

No ...i was in Italy a letter came from spanish court telling me attended court jan 16th 2014...i didnt reply because I did not sign for this my neighbour did ..i was in italy

José M. :

well, it could be several options

José M. :

1 A letter from her

José M. :

2 A letter from a criminal court. Not probably at all, and they will reapeat in all cases in 1 / 2 months

Customer:

So first letter came september and second came today but i didnot sign and the post man took letter away

José M. :

3 A letter from a civil court. It could be stupid because if she demand you she will need to do it where you reside, in a italian court

Customer:

I live in England I was in vacation in italy when first letter came

José M. :

Well, if it is from a criminal court, they could repeat or make the procedure without you

José M. :

In the worst part, they could put a fine on you. As long as you are not going to came into Spain your risk is cero

Customer:

Ok so its impossible for tehm to transfer this to english court

José M. :

In no case they could

Customer:

ok thank you again Jose ...many thanks

José M. :

Pronography with babies, scamers, ... they go against them in an international ways

José M. :

Customer:

understandably

Customer:

ok sir excellent service ...many thanks

José M. :

I am very easy ti find in this site If you need me

José M. :

José M. :

Please use the icons to rate positively the service

Customer:

I will keep your details but I do hope I dont need you :)

José M. :

José M. :

I guess so too :)

José M., Attorney
Experience: Spanish Attorney