José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Hi, I am looking for some advise on what to do about my situation

Customer Question

Hi, I am looking for some advise on what to do about my situation with my ex and my son. We broke up amicably but at every turn she blocks my access and influence on him. We moved to Mallorca because I work on superyachts. After we broke up she wanted to stay there so I agreed to help her do that and for over a year now I've been paying her 60% of my wages (€2000) per month, which means that it takes me months to save enough to take time off and come and visit. She won't let me sleep on the sofa, she refuses to pick me up from the airport so it ends up being a huge expense just to see my son for a week. But she refuses to take him out of nursery even for a day while I'm here and berates me for not spending enough time with him.
My son wanted me to come to the dentist with him the other day but she blocked me from doing that too because "playing happy families" is confusing for him. When I came to visit in September she wouldn't let me come out to see him straight away because it was his first week at a new nursery and "it would be too disruptive having me around"... I'm at the end of my tether!
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  clairep80 replied 3 years ago.
For clarity - which country does the child live in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare,
At the moment he lives with his mum in Spain (Mallorca).
Expert:  clairep80 replied 3 years ago.
Then the issues will have to be dealt with under Spanish law I am afraid
I shall opt out and transfer you to the correct section.
Please be patient it may take a little while
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, thank you.