José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

my nephew has separated from his Spanish girlfriend and returned

Customer Question

my nephew has separated from his Spanish girlfriend and returned to northern Ireland. He and his girlfriend have a 9 month old baby together,which he was happy to continue to support, but since retuning to Northern Ireland he has been denied contact and communication has now resorted to receiving inappropriate and threatening letters in spanish from a lawyer representing his ex girlfriend and has been told that her representatives (family) have contacted the company he was working for on contract and they have said that he can no longer return to work for them regardless of where he is

First: I would like to know if this is an expectable situation?

Second: who he can he contact in Northern Ireland or England to help in the future development of his case as his lawyer in Northern Ireland seems ill equipped to advise or advance the situation.

Third: would there be a standard rate of maintenance expected that he can use as a reasonable guide to establish the level of support he should be looking at ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Paul
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.

José M. :

Hi there Paul. José M spanish lawyer

José M. :

There are two important things in your question

José M. :

First labour matter, You say that the family has finish the contract with him and he has no chance to work again with they

José M. :

Well, if he has no labour contract with they it is perfectly legal

José M. :

If there is a contract I need to know the terms and conditions on it

José M. :

In the second part, we have the family court and family matter

José M. :

Your nephew needs for sure to contract a local attorney where the minor resides and get a judicial sentence for the relathionship with her and the minor

José M. :

The judicial sentence will give to your nephew legal security, rights, and obligations

José M. :

So, Your nephew will be sure to know how much he has to pay for the child support, the time he has to spend with the minor, (holydays... visits) and other rights and obligations with the minor

José M. :

As soon as he contract a local speaking english attorney in the place where the minor resides he will be doing his best

José M. :

The child support in Spain is fixed by the incomes and personal circunstances of the parents ( calculate about 15/20 per cent of the incomes of your nephew) but I need to jnow his incomes and if the mother works or not

José M. :

Tell me about his incomes and more doubts you have and I will answer you asap

José M. :