José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

re the spanish declaration of over 50000euros savings is that

re the spanish declaration of over 50000euros savings is that per person or per couple
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.

José M. :

Hi there

José M. :

José M spanis atorney

José M. :

Spanish law allows you to make it separatly or joined

José M. :

You could calculate the best chance for you and decide

José M. :

You could calculate two diferent declarations of 25.000 or one joined of 50.000

Customer:

hi as were moving to spain and may have£90000 savings this would be not declarable if was £45000 each in separate accounts ?

José M. :

Well. You do noy have to declare your savings. You have to declare the rated money gotten with your savings each year

José M. :

I mean, if you earn 1000 euros with your 45.000 you declare 1000 euros

Customer:

its all a bit confusing, we will have no property in UK only monies left over from selling & buying. savings was mentioned ? so what we have left over in non declarable ?

José M. :

You have to declare all the monies earned if you are resident or you have propieties in Spain

José M. :

If the monies are taxed in UK you could deduce the taxes paid there

José M. :

From the money earned each year there is not a minimun out of declaration. Only if the rents becomes from an employeer could be not forced to de declared under 22.000 euros, but only when the rents become from an employeer ( Labor rents )

Customer:

Ok thanks, despite expat news saying you have to declare savings or property you have abroad over 50000 euros you are saying we will not have to declare monies we may have in a UK bank account even if in excess of 50.000

José M. :

No, you do not have to declare the money you have as savings, you only have to declare the money what your savings makes for you each year. The capital obtained from your savings. As exemple, if you do not make your money works and it does not make money for you, you do not have to declare

Customer:

thank you

José M., Attorney
Experience: Spanish Attorney
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello there, you recently said that when moving to Spain as residents that we only have to declare monies made from savings or property if over 50.000 euros. not general savings. I am now confused as to this as all information I can obtain clearly states all savings/property over 50.000 Must be declared or substantial fines will be imposed

can you please clarify and check your information.

sorry for this thank you mike brett

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi checking if received last query, was told to recontact you by Just answer. mike

Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike. You only has to declare monies made from savings, you do not have to declare where the capital cames from