José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

My wife and I entered into an agreement with a Company called

Customer Question

My wife and I entered into an agreement with a Company called the EZE GROUP in Tenerife who sell low cost holidays and discounted goods, but when we signed the agreement they stated and it is written into the agreements that there was no 14 day cooling off period which we have only just found out about, is this true
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 3 years ago.

José M. :

Hi there

José M. :

José M spanish solicitor

José M. :

According to the spanish law ( Read 68 and more of the RDL 1/2007 ) as it is also in the european law you have a cooling off period ( Art 68 ) of 14 days ( art 71 )

José M. :

So, really you got it and you can use it telling to the company that you wants to avoid, to broke, the contract

José M. :

Usa a way to tell them which allows you to probe that you made after done it like oficial mail or burofax

José M. :

You do not have to justificate or say why you want to broke it, you just want to do it and that is legaly enought

José M. :

In this link you will find the most important spanish laws translated into english and the RDL 1/2007 is included, of course

José M. :

http://noticias.juridicas.com/base_datos/Admin/rdleg1-2007.l2t1.html

José M. :

Donwload it from here

José M. :

http://www.mjusticia.gob.es/cs/Satellite/es/1288774502225/TextoPublicaciones.html