José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I have a plot of land in Lanzarote which is in the middle of

Customer Question

I have a plot of land in Lanzarote which is in the middle of a small housing estate of 9 villas.
The land was bought in 1978 by my mother and had a double garage already built on it. When it was bought the land had planning permission for a 3 bed villa but because my mother never renewed the planning permission the land now has resorted back to rustica.
Do you think it would be possible to renew this planning permission. The land is situated in a village called Machadas in Tias.
Sue Rand
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 3 years ago.

José M. :

Hi there

José M. :

If the new plan says it is rustica again it is not matter that before you could do something there

José M. :

You could try to make an apeal to the new situation but to be honest your chance is very short

José M. :

The apeal starts with a writting made by an arquitect or another profesional who study the local rules, to star is not to expensive but once they declined and it is almost sure they will do, they will force you to go in court where you will have to spent money and your chance will keep being short

José M. :

So, my advice is to wait for a new plan who change the actual situation. Another way will force you to spend money being not sure to win

José M. :

I will be here if needed, thank you