José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

We rent an old finca in the campo in Spain. We had an open

We rent an old finca in the campo in Spain. We had an open rental contract with the owner, which means we could stay for as long as we like as long as the rent is paid and there are no rent or utility bill arrears. The owner has just died and his share of the house has gone to his grandson. The owner's wife is still alive and the house is still in her name. But the grandson now wishes to live in the house.

How much notice must he give us and

We paid for new shower room, bathroom etc to be fitted. Are we entitled to any compensation.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 3 years ago.

José M. :

Hi there

José M. :

José M, spanish atorney

José M. :

The heir must respect the previous contract you have and he can no get the use of the propiety unless the cases which are said by law

José M. :

This cases that he need the propiety to live in as his home or a relatives home ( father or son, no more)

José M. :

In all most cases he must respect the contract

José M. :

Once said that I need to know if you have a writting contract or not and if you have the date when it was made

José M. :

Several laws has been in tha latest years, so I need to know the date

José M. :

So, please let me know if we have a writting contract and if we has, the date it was made

José M. :

He could try to lie you about the reason he needs the propiety, but if he does you could demand him at court for that

José M. :

I wait your answer, thank you

Expert:  José M. replied 3 years ago.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.