José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

problem trying to travel

Customer Question

im a british women ,who has been living in ibiza for hte last 6 years, my boyfriend is italian and we have a 2 year old daughter born in ibiza, our relationship has deteriorated and we are about to split. i want to bring my daughter back to the uk for a few months and then return to ibiza. am i allowed to do this?

why has this been sent to italian lawyers??......surely of they live in ibiza it will fall under spanish law as the child was born in ibiza spain

Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 3 years ago.

José M. :

Hi there

José M. :

As a brithish woman you are free to move whatever you want, iside Europe, you do not need to cross borders, so you are free to take her with you. Nobody is going to stop you or asking questions.

José M. :

The way to the father to stop you is to demand in court the custody, an in this case he has to fight with you and win. In Spain is very hard for a man to win the custody against the mother

José M. :

So, you can take your daughter with you and force him to go in court to fight for her.

José M. :

José M spanish attorney

José M. :

Please let me know if you need more help and I will answer you as soon as possible

José M. :

JACUSTOMER-v69tirjq- :

hi there Jose
thanks for the answer to my previous question regarding travelling back to the uk from ibiza with my daughter.
my daughter was born in ibiza therefore spanish ,i'm from the uk and my boyfriend is italian.
my daughter only has an italian passport at his moment in time ,will this cause problems for me if i want to travel with her back to the uk from ibiza

José M. :

No, inside Europe you have 0 problems. Outside you could be asked for the autorithation of the father of her. But no in Europe.

José M. :

You have the right to take her wherever you want until a judge tells you another thing

José M. :

As long as you have no instructions from court you are free to move

JACUSTOMER-v69tirjq- :

100% there is nothing that can stop me from travelling back to the uk with her?

José M. :

And whenever he tries to get it in court you could appeal

José M. :

Yes Nothing can stop you to take her whatever you want inside europe

José M. :

Do you have any more questions?

José M. :

I gently ask for a good rate of the service if not

José M. :