José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I tried to book car hire with Avis yesterday for my holiday

I tried to book car hire with Avis yesterday for my holiday to Tenerife next year. The named driver is my partner but I wanted to pay on my own credit card which we have always done. However Avis advised thast this was no longer possible because the law changed in spain in August. When booking a hire car you now have to use a credit card with the same corresponding name. I did not book the car but I am concerned as I booker car rental from the same company on the 22nd August 2014 for a holiday in November 2014 and used my own credit card and named my partner as the driver. I paid in full and nothing was mentioned about a law change when I booked the car hire. They told me yesterday if I did book car hire this way I would not be allowed to pick up the car
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.
José M. :

Hi there

José M. :

The law change is like that

José M. :

You will need to have the same name on the credit car and in the contract

José M. :

And it is because if you get a fine withe the car they will charge it on your credit car

José M. :