José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

My neighbour in L'Escala Spain is demanding i pay to have large

Customer Question

My neighbour in L'Escala Spain is demanding i pay to have large branches lopped of my trees which overhang his garden, i have told him, if the trees are a nuisance to him he can pay to have them lopped himself. how do i stand regarding Catalan laws on the lopping or cutting down of trees.?? incidentally the trees are just common pines.
Lionel Harwood.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.
José M. :

Hi there

José M. :

I am sorry to say that according to spanish law you have to pay for the work done

José M. :

I paste you what spanish law says

José M. :

"If the branches of some trees is given on an inheritance, gardens or neighboring courtyards, you will need the owner of this right to claim to be cut as soon as extend over its property, and, if there are roots of the neighboring trees which are extended on another floor, the owner of the soil in which they are introduced will cut them by itself within his heritage."

José M. :

So, you vave to cut them down or paid for the work done

José M. :