José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

My dad has recently died and has left a will in uk leaving

Customer Question

My dad has recently died and has left a will in uk leaving his estate to myself and my sister. He has 4 properties in Spain that are in joint name with his brother , 3 have mortgages running and 1 is paid for. The 3properties are most likely in negative equity if sold.
Where do we stand with the properties in Spain as no will was made in Spain and the properties are not specifically mentioned in the UK will?
Our Uncle is happy to take control of the interests.
My father had re married recently and his uk will provides with uk equity etc but as discussed does not mention Spain at all and his wishes were and my sister to take control of these and everything left after providing wife.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.
José M. :

there

José M. :

In Spain you have the chance to ask your rights as a heir without taken riskes as you ask a beneficio de inventario what means thatyou do not become a heir as you do not know is the balance of values and debts is positive

José M. :

The fact ot not having a will in Spain is not important, even if they are not mentionated in the UK will

José M. :

Thae fact is to probe that you are the heir and that the pripeties are a part of the inheritage

José M. :

So, you first syep to take is to contract a english atorney working in Spain who will make all the procedures without riskes

José M. :

Check this people and I al sure they will help you as it is their speciality

José M. :

I will be here if you need more help

José M. :

José M. :

José M. spanish solicitor