José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

This is regarding Spanish law. A very long story .. but in

Customer Question

This is regarding Spanish law.
A very long story .. but in brief! My husband and I began buying into the time share at Anfi Gran Canaria in 2001. In 2005 we had an option along with many owners to replace the time share bought already and to buy into their free hold section of the company. We had to buy more but the option seemed sound.
He suggested we took them to court and he would be star witness in our support to say we had been hood winked.
The court case went ahead he did not appear bought off by Anfi and we all lost the case.
This meant that we now had so much time share which had cost us over the few years over 70K. This was hard to take as now annual fees are over 2K.
The advice we need now is that just under 5 years from the court case Anfi has presented the group with court costs which mean each couple owes 15K.
Have asked to see a breakdown of costs and asked if they would consider taking our time share from us in lieu of the debt - but we can not get any answer if that could be allowed in Spanish law.
We are going to do this but just would like some support on some advice as we now have to face Anfi lawyers who deal with everything in Spanish so we feel so disadvantaged again.
All we want to do is get out. They can have our weeks/points - it is just better for us to loose the investment.
Its a shame as we feel no one is there on our side.
The Spanish lawyer who the rep used for us gives us no advice or answers to the above questions - so we feel she must be working for Anfi really.
Please could you help or point us to some one who could just guide us before we see Anfi about paying off this debt.
Karen
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.
José M. :

Hi karen, José M spanish solicitor

José M. :

Its hard for me to answer your question properly as I do not know the details of it

José M. :

In your case, if I were you, I will contact an english attorney here in Spain working with UK people with experience in cases like yours

José M. :

Spanish solicitors have not experience on it and you will waste time and money

José M. :

I recomend you some of them

José M. :

Contact one of them and send them all the documents and profiles

José M. :

Contract them in group in order to save money and try to get an agrement to pay just if you win the case, I mean contract with them that a prt of the bufget will paid only if sucessfull

José M. :

José M. :

I will be here if needed

José M. :

Please write me and I will answer you as soon as possible