José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Good Morning.. My father has recently passed away, he lived

Customer Question

Good Morning.. My father has recently passed away, he lived in Spain and was remarried... this question is concerning the Last Will in testament.. my brothers and I have asked to see a copy of the Will, but his wife is saying that my father left everything to her, and will have to send off to Madrid to get a copy of the Will, this was over a month ago, and now she will not answer the phone or any other form of communication , how do we stand legally.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.
José M. :

Hi there

José M. :

José M sapanish solicitor

José M. :

As a son you can ask for a last will certificate to the spanish justice ministery in this oficcial link

José M. :

http://www.mjusticia.gob.es/cs/Satellite/Portal/en/servicios-ciudadano/tramites-gestiones-personales/certificado-actos-ultima

José M. :

In all cases the wife according to spanish law could do nothing without the agrement of the sons of him

José M. :

So, ask for the last will and check if recorder in Spain

José M. :

If it is recorded here they will not denied it to you as a son

José M. :