José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I own a property in Mallorca (a terraced house/apartment) in

I own a property in Mallorca (a terraced house/apartment) in a development of seven houses/apartments and I have heard that it is against the law to have a built-in BBQ in the garden. I am told that gas BBQ's are OK or Weber style charcoal BBQ's with a lid. Given I have already had a BBQ built in the garden, I am not keen to remove it without having the situation clarified. Please will someone look into this for me who has knowledge of Spanish law. I also want to use a Weber style BBQ on the roof terrace - is this OK?
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.
José M. :

Hi there

José M. :

You can use a BBQ as long as you do not need to built anything there. I mean that you can use a mobile one that not constrution will be requiered

José M. :

As soon as you need to bluit something there you are not allowed to do it

José M. :

Customer:

Dear *****,

Customer:

Thank you for your answer.

Customer:

Does this law only apply to apartments/terraced houses or does it also apply to detached houses (eg villas)

Customer:

José M. :

This law does apply to all comunity propieties, all of them.

José M. :

Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.