José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Spanish preventative embargo on my property. what does this

spanish preventative embargo on my property. what does this mean
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  Josh-2010 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Is this for a property in Spain or the UK please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The property is in Spain and there is a debt for community fees

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting for a reply, how muchlonger.
Expert:  Josh-2010 replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay in reverting to you owing to the time of day. AS far as I can tell it appear to be a little like a freezing order that the Spanish government can apply to property to freeze it before the can levy a claim on it for tax that is claimed to be owed however this is a question for a Spanish lawyer as I have no expertise in Spanish law. I will ask that this is transferred to the Spanish section where hopefully a spanish lawyer will be able to assist. All the best
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is someone going to assist me or not its been 24 hours now

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I need a lawyer who knows Spanish Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I need a lawyer who knows Spanish Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please put this Question to a Lawyer who knows Spanish Law.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need an expert in Spanish Law to answer my question please.

Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there

José M spanish atorney

Embargo is a warrant, is to seize the propiety legally.
Embargo is anote in the propiety register to avoid to sell the propiety to somebody alse without pay it
Probably you have some tax unpaid or something alse and the City hall or spanish tax office is telling you that they are putting and embargo preventivo on it
The best you have to do is to get information from the sender of the letter about where this embargo comes from
Even an small debt could make an embargo on your propiety
Please let me know if you need more help

Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
I am on line If you need more help

If you dont, I gently ask for a good rate of the service

Have a good day
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not recieved the answer to my reply to your earlier answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question was.
The debt is for community fees on my apartment.
I am trying to negotiate a payment plan with them to stop them applying for the embargo.
If they do apply to the court how long will it take and if they get it can they sell my property.
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
It could be take some years to sell it out at court for small fees
The best will be to follow this negotiation
They could go ahead an ask to sell it out to the judge
Contact them and try to get an agrement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will continue to negotiate with them.

But if they do go ahead and apply for the embargo how long will it take to get a lawyer to make the application and the court approval.

I know the Spanish courts are usually slow. Can you give me an idea of the time it will take.

Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Well, its a fast procedure but you could make it slow
Before selling it the court will ask you first If you have another money or goods to pay
If you say nothing they could sell it out
But I think it could be no shortest than a couple of years
But the expenses could be very big for you. So you better dont let them go ahead, Try to pay another way you could
It not a matter of time, its a problem with money
If the debt now is 100 could be 3.000 after all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am hoping they will accept monthly payments they wrote to me and said if they did not hear from in 10 days they would go for the embargo.

I have written to them offering monthly payments.

They cannot get possession of the property can they, I owe about 5000 euro.

If they do not accept my offer of payment could a Spanish lawyer hold them off for me.

Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
If you make monthly payment I am sure they are not going to go ahead because they will need to put money in advanced and never it is done as the coowner pays
So, let them know your intention and make the monthly payments and just wait.
José M., Attorney
Experience: Spanish Attorney
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I come back to you for further advice when I get an answer from my offer of monthly payment.
I hope they will reply in the next few days.
Rod
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Sure Rod
I am easily found here in this site
You could save my profile at your favourites broswer and we will be on touch on an easy way
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/international-law/expert-abogado3044/?rpt=3800

José