José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I have a flat in Spain and the metal balcony rails are in a

Customer Question

I have a flat in Spain and the metal balcony rails are in a dangerous state having rusted away. Who is responsible for the repair or replacement? I understood that the balcony was part of the building structure and the Community's responsibility to renew it. My rails are not the only ones in the small block another flat below me has the same problem. The community say it is my problem.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there
You are right and the metal balcony rails usually are of the comunity, of the building.
Even you could no renew them withtout their autorithation
The answer comes to demand them to rapair them or renew them
Probbaly you has an insurance and you have with it a lawyer who sue them at court
Call your insurance and try to check if you have an attorney contracted with your insurance who claim them to repair it
If your insurance do not offer it, contract a local attorney to sue them at court