José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I have a Spanish friend who has resided in England for

I have a Spanish friend who has resided in England for many years (he's still a Spanish national) and he has made me executor of his English Will. He has also made a Spanish Will.
His English will is to deal with his house contents in England (no real property) and largish cash balances in his bank account. His Spanish Will was made because he has a small house in Asturias and small amounts of cash there. The beneficiary under both Wills is a cousin in Spain.
When the time comes for me to obtain probate for his estate in England, I would be grateful to know whether I, or my solicitor at the time, have to provide the Spanish Authorities/Solicitor with certified and translated copies of the Death Certificate and the
Grant of Probate in order for the net estate entitlement to be properly paid over to the
lawyer of the Spanish beneficiary or by whichever suitable way the beneficiary desires.
Many thanks in anticipation of your help.
Brian Walton
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
i there

Nowadays with certificates with the haga apostillate you will find no problems to probe the deceased certificate an the last will.
As long as he has legal wills, you will find either problems
In my opinion, the best way for you to manage will be to contract an spanish atorney who speak english and nove all the documents for you
Please let me know if you need more help