José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I contacted you before but my internet connection got cut off.

I contacted you before but my internet connection got cut off. My query was about port embarcation in Southampton. My son, who is 10, and I are travelling this Sunday with P&O cruises to the Canary Islands and Madeira. We both have Spanish passports. His passport had expired and the Spanish consulate issued him this week a provisional passport which will not expire until March next year. Would that passport be good enough to travel or could P & O refuse him to board the ship? They previously said that we needed written confirmation from the UK Border Agency that it was ok to travel with a temporary passport. We couldn't talk to anyone after trying to ring them for nearly two days and don't have any written confirmation. We are worried that we won't be able to go on our holiday. Thank you
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there
The document provided for the consulate si good enought and they can no reject you ay the boat
Tris document has the same validity as the original pasport