José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

We purchased a timeshare about 2002 in Majorca from Club La

Customer Question

We purchased a timeshare about 2002 in Majorca from Club La Dorada.
We had young children the and bought on clear understanding that we would be able to book holidays during school holidays. From memory I think that we booked at most one holiday thereafter and found it impossible to obtain bookings during school holidays and eventually gave up. We stopped paying management fees around 2006. we were invited to meet a representative in 2008 and travelled to Spain for that meeting and explained our position but were told that we still need to pay annual management fees. We explained that in our view we had been mis sold a product that was not suitable to our needs.
We have not tried to make a booking since that time and received no further correspondence that we can recall until recently we have received a demand for management fees from Ona Grup who have apparently taken over Club La Dorada
for years 2007 to date.
We assumed by absence of correspondence that our position had been accepted that we had been mis sold.
We are very reluctant to pay these fees and we are aware that many complaints have been made against Club La Dorada.
Your advice would be welcome
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there
Stop paying them is reason to broke the contract as you want, so, you can considerer the contract broken one year after you stop paying
Probably they will threat you to sue at court but they have no ways to win 8 years later, so forget them
You are right where you think that your contract is broken now and they have nothing to do against you
Please ask if you need more help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to clarify.
You say that I can ignore them even though they are saying that they will take me to court.
If I understand correctly your advice is to do nothing and they cannot succeed if they commence legal proceedings
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, as you have not paid your contract is broken and they know it. Be sure they will not send you to court Just to lose. Thank you