José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I have been contacted by the UK police at home in the UK, at

I have been contacted by the UK police at home in the UK, at the request of the Spanish court there is no Spanish arrest warrant nor have they the UK police for one.
I am being asking for a statement on a diving accident where it is a legend that I tried to leave a garage without paying the bill and tried to run down a employee and hit three vehicles.
I made full payment for the repair and give details of my insurances to the garage the Spanish police ripped up my paperwork and let me go.
The UK police advice me not to make a statement and lefty were do I stand:
1. Can I still travel through out the EU without being arrested?
2. What could happen in the Spanish court?
Ken
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there
The court who is asking for you is a criminal court
The court is looking for criminal actions in the facts, negligence
The first thing to do it to know exactly what is the court looking for and if there are charges or not
In most cases, there are no charges or they becomes nothing at court
So, contract a local atorney here who ask for your file at court and follow his intructions
About your questions
Yes, no chance to be arrested out of Spain. In Spain hardly they could put a warrant on you but is possible
Just a fine, no more
So, in all cases the best for you will be contract a local atorney who ask at court. It will be no too much money 500 /1000 euros
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, If I was fined and did not pay the fine what would happen?Ken
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
I need to know where the fine comes from
It could be a fine changed for some days jail, and if it was and you did not pay may be a warrant is on you and you could get arrested here in SpainIf it was just a fine a no more and you did not pay they have no more chances againts you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello,If I was fine and I said my income was to low to pay the fine what would happen?If I was fine and did not pay the fine you say a warrant would be issued is this a Spanish warrant only or does it cover other countries?Many ThanksKen
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
If you did not pay, depends on the kind of fine, it could become nothing on a warrrant on you
Warrant just in Spain, another countries warrants require hard criminal actions to be real
I gently ask for a good rate of the service
Have a good day
José M., Attorney
Experience: Spanish Attorney