José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Follow on from problems with spanish property questions

Customer Question

Follow on from problems with spanish property questions asked of you earlier - my partner and i own a proparty in a gated community. The group have been informed of my illness (SPMS + heart attack + blood clots on lungs). The property remained empty all
of the time since 2009. Up until then waste was taken to the main gate and management arranged collection no charges were applied. Since then things have changed but i've not been informed. The management group of owners have taken me to Spanish court for
none payment of utilities bill and because of my immobility I and unemployability I could not defend myself. The management group insist on serving a writ on both of us. I have made an offer to pay on a slow drip of £20/wk. They have not responded other than
insist the writ be served. Can I avoid this?
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there
They are not forced by law to accept by my experience says that rarely people send to court to somebody who pays
So, If you offer the agree and pay, probably they stop the action at court