José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Recently, I got a lot of letters from BBVA bank Velez Malaga

Customer Question

Recently, I got a lot of letters from BBVA bank Velez Malaga to say that if I did'nt produce my passport etc to a BBVA bank in Spain that they would stop my account being usable.
As I have been in England for some time I was not able to do that. Since then, I have sent them an email asking how I can get my money from the old account. They didnt reply. Can you tell me how I can withdraw my money?
sincerely
G E Rook
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there. If you have an account in Spain, any bank, they are now forced by law to have your pasport So they ask for a copy and it is legal But only If you have an account there. So, If you have an account you must send the copy Tank you