José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I have received a scanned copy of a cheque paable to me but

I have received a scanned copy of a cheque paable to me but have been told the cheque was stolen and cashed. The cheque is from Spain and i don't know how to find out if this is real or if i have been conned. i have tried to contact the bank but they don't speak English and I do not speak Spanish. Can you advise me on what I could do. i do have an email stream going back months.
Kim *****
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  Ali172 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you. Is this a cheque you were expecting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon Alice
The cheque was in final settlement of a claim supposedly made by the Arona Court in Spain. I had paid a solicitor the take the case to court (EU Complaints in Los Cristianos) and the cheque was' sent' by post to me. A letter confirming the letter was received but not the cheque. When I called to ask about the cheque I was told it must have been stolen as it had been cleared through the bank. I don't want to believe this has been a con but really need to know one way or the other. Any advise you can give me would be greatly appreciated.Thank you
Expert:  Ali172 replied 1 year ago.
OK. I am going to ask one of my colleagues who specialises in Spanish Law to help you. Please bear with us.
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there
Is very strange your case, as you say
I think that probably you are an scam victim
If you give more data and or scan the information recibed I could study your case and tell you what to do
José M spanish atorney
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Please send me more information when you could
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have lots of email which would help. I have attached a few including the scanned cheque.Kim
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi thereThey are scamersIf you put at google their numbers ( Identification or mobiles) you will reach a lot of webs saying the same thim, the same scamDenounce them to the POLICE and no send them any money http://mindtimeshare.me/2014/10/02/the-strange-services-from-european-complaints-in-tenerife/ They look like to be an honest company but they are not, no spanish adress, no phone number, just mobiles.No honest spanish company works with mobiles and has to have a legal adressBe carefull, they are scamers Thank you
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi againI have call the mobile you got and speaking english person asnsered me. He does not speak spanishI have ask for the manager of the company once I have introduce my self as spanish atorney and then he cut off the callBe carefull, do not trust themThank you
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Even the web page www.eulawyers.com does not exist
They are real scamers
Please to rate positively the service
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I did contact the police in Spain about the cheque but they were not interested. An expensive lesson learnt.RegardsKim
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Yes Kim, scamers are always working 24/7I am glad you do not lose your money this time with themHave a good dayPlease to rate positively my service, thank you
José M., Attorney
Experience: Spanish Attorney