José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I am looking at a property in spain, I paid a reservation

hi,
I am looking at a property in spain, I paid a reservation fee and signed a reservation agreement, I am a cash buyer and we were going to look to complete the purchase quickly,
when I had a property survey completed it hoighlighted some issues and I decided not to continue with the sale even though we were only 1 week rom comlpletion.
we have not signed a purchase contract, only the initial reservation agreement, we withdrew from the sale within 30 days of signing the reservation agreement
the vendor is threatening to take legal action to force me to purchase the property, can he do this and what do you think his chances of forcing me to buy the property are.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi thereAccording to spanish law, if you broke the contract you lose the deposit and if the seller broke it he have to pay double of the deposit.So, If you have broke the contract your risk is just to lose the deposit and no more.The seller has no more legal action against you unless you sign another thing, and in this case we must study if its legal what you signedI am here if you need more helpJosé M spanish atorney