José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Jose, in 2007 I went into business in the Almeria area, the business was in my name but

Customer Question

Hi Jose, in 2007 I went into business in the Almeria area, the business was in my name but my business partner took all the money and left owing lots of people money, I left because I was frightened of being arrested for something I didn't do. I miss Spain very much but have been afraid to go back for a holiday in case I was arrested.
Linda
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. As your atorney says, in Spain you have no risk to be arrested for debts as they are a civil mater, no criminal act. If you never get involved into criminal court for that, you have no risk. So, If the problem is that somebody lose money becuase your partner never paid, you or your partner have no risk to be arrested for that. Thank you
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there
Please let me know if you need more help
If not, I gently ask for a good rate of the service
Thank you Linda.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mucho Gracias, that has made me feel more confident to visit Spain, I was afraid because people were telling me that the Guardia Civil had been informed and were looking for me, I lost my house and was made bankrupt in my absence because I was too ill after all the worry and feared going back for a visit as I thought I could be arrested for something I didn't do, I had never been in trouble in my life and had always been an honest person.
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
In no case you could get into problems with Guardia Civil if there was no criminals facts on it
If debts just become for business, is not a criminal fact, so the risk does not exist at all
Enjoy Spain up if you decide to come back and do not worry for Guardia Civil at all
José M., Attorney
Experience: Spanish Attorney
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is so good to hear, so even though he owed companies for goods and individuals who had paid for goods they had not received, it is not a problem, except the trauma I suffered feeling guilty for his bad character.
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Correct
In Spain is not a criminal action no paying comercial debts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again Jose.
I have to ask you something else concerning the above matter, I forgot that my partner had a Lease Hire Van also in my name, he did tell me that it had been returned to the company but he lied about so many things, I would like to know what my position would be if it hadn't been returned.
Linda
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi thereYou have no riskes for debtsHaving your name on a vehicle is harder because you have some responsabilitiesYou should make somebody study where the vehicle is and decide what you could do If never a criminal court was looking for you is a good signalMake somebody to study the file of the vehicle from the platesThank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
I will be here if you need more helpIf you do not have them please to rate positively the serviceThank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just thought, I was declared Bankrupt in my absence, would that make any difference?
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
No difference at allYou never get in criminal problems in Spain just for debts, has to be something more.Thank you