José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I bought a property in Spain, after completion I discovered the agent organised a £50.000

Customer Question

I bought a property in Spain, after completion I discovered the agent organised a £50.000 mortgage in my name I have been trying to deal with this matter with the Spanish legal system but all I get from the bank not our problem surely this is illegal
Shirley Cheesman
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Nobody could put a mortage on your name with your sign or a power from youNotario will never accept thatSo, ask for a nota simple from the propiety register, check the name of the notario whre the mortage was done, and study who could be gilty of the facts and sue him at courtMay be you have been an scam victim, but you could defend your self at court contracting a local atorney to do soTo put a mortage on your name requieres your sign and if somebody has falsificate a power from you is a very seruios crminal matterThank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** look into further I only know that when transferring money over I caused a scene at the bank as they would not let me see what I was signing by putting white A4 paper over all the documents with the persons hand on it so it was impossible to see, talk about Intimidation I felt really uncomfortable, but I have asked for a copy of documentation but the local bank and head office deny having any, so that is my starting point I think.
Shirley Cheesman
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Do not worry about you signed at bank if you did not signed at the notariaThe important thing is what you signed at the notariaThe best for you will be ask for all the contracts to the bank, for a nota simple to the propiety register, contract a local atorney here, and study what to do thenThank youJosé M spanish atorney
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Please to rate positively the serviceHave a great day